The MilCor Group has provided Civil/Site development for a wide array of projects including residential, commercial and industrial. We pride ourselves on providing creative and innovative designs to meet our clients needs for each site. Agencies and municipalities we work with on a regular basis include:
- Army Corps of Engineers
- South Florida Water Management District
- St. John's River Water Management District
- Florida Department of Transportation
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection
- Florida Division of Historical Resources
- FEC Railway
- Martin County
- St. Lucie County
- City of Stuart
- City of Port St. Lucie
- City of Fort Pierce
- City of Fellsmere
- Fish and Wildlife Commission
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Federal Emergency Management Administration
- Mine Safety and Health Administration
- Florida Department of Agricultural and Consumer Resources
- Florida Department of Health
- CSX Railway
- Loxahatchee River District
- Town of Jupiter
- South Martin Regional Utilities
- Village of Tequesta
- Indian River County
- City of Vero Beach
MilCor’s inspectors are not only well informed about the hands‐on tasks of the inspection process, but also have a clear understanding of responsibilities and authority. Our inspectors are National Pollutant Discharge Elimination (NPDES) certified to aid in meeting all Federal Clean Water Act requirements from the EPA.
There are two main objectives of construction inspection services:
1. Provide the owner with assurance that the project has been completed in substantial conformance with plans and specifications.
2. Address construction issues/conflicts and assist in providing solutions.
MilCor‘s services are clearly focused on:
- Documenting the findings: Our reports are factual and value added
- Reporting the specific observations: Generalities lead to confusion, speculation and glossing over the findings.
- Following‐up: We track and follow‐up on areas of concern that we document.
roadway design / traffic calming
Prior to beginning a roadway design project, The MilCor Group thoroughly analyzes all factors in determining what type of roadway is ultimately desired:
- How many lanes?
- Bicycle lanes?
- What type of streetscape?
- Curb and gutter?
- Impact to existing neighborhoods?
These are just some of the critical decisions that impact the environment, construction cost and aesthetic features.
Traffic calming measures are often desired and utilized during roadway design in the areas of high vehicular traffic speeds and /or volumes, thereby enhancing the livability of the neighborhood.
Water / wastewater design
The MilCor Group has provided a vast array of water and wastewater system designs to public and private sector clients in the areas of treatment, transmission, and distribution systems. Services include:
- System-wide master planning
- Treatment plant re-rating
- Capacity analysis
- Capitol improvement plans
- Distribution systems
- Collection systems
- Vacuum systems
- Trenchless technologies
Our experience in designing water and wastewater facilities is enhanced by our community commitment to maintaining an intimate knowledge of the communities in which we work and an understanding of their visions.
The MilCor Group has provided stormwater management design services for new and retrofit projects. Background data needed to begin any project includes:
- What is the depth of the water table?
- On-site and surrounding topography - where is the water flowing?
- On-site or surrounding wetlands
- Retention or detention
- Lake or swale
- Are there any existing permits for the site?
We work closely with our clients to determine the most effective and efficient system to meet both the regulatory requirements and the client’s end goals. We have extensive experience in managing and expediting the permitting process.
MilCor views each new project as an opportunity to provide creative and innovative system designs. We strive for solutions and results, not just answers and estimates.